Conveniently located in Hamilton with other local GP’s, Dentists, Allied Health Professionals and Pharmacists
Glaucoma Assessment & Visual Field Analysis
What is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is an eye disease that can damage the optic nerve. Those with a family history of the disease and are over 50 years have a higher risk of developing Glaucoma.
Glaucoma can not be self diagnosed. We can test for Glaucoma at My Eye Care Centre. During the exam, the optometrist will check the following:
- Measure your eye pressure, also known as intraocular pressure (IOP).
- Inspect your eye’s drainage angle.
- Examine your optic nerve for damage.
- Test your central and peripheral (side) vision.
- Take a picture or computer measurement of your optic nerve.
- Measure the thickness of your cornea
What is a visual field analysis?
“A visual field test maps out what your world looks like to you. It measures the area of vision, or how wide of an area your eye can see”. In glaucoma, your visual field becomes constricted, similar to tunnel vision.
Book our local, friendly and helpful Optometrists in Hamilton, Brisbane today!
Phone us on 07 2111 8622 to book an appointment.
A huge range of brands to suit everyone!
We have a great range of frames to suit every budget, with some of our lower cost frame and lens packages coming in below $100, but we also stock high end fashion brands such as Gucci, Sass & Bide, Oroton, Calvin Klein & Masunaga.